What is Big Show?
Big Show calls Cal State Northridge home, having put down its roots in the heart of campus since 2000. Big Show has come a long way, but one thing stays constant: the event has always been produced by and for the students. There’s always been a passion for rocking responsibly, and Big Show these days is no different.
13 years and counting
As the show has grown up, it’s also grown out. Big Show now incorporates an ever-more diverse array of artists from hip-hop to electronic, and more. Fans can find a place to express their creativity with the art wall, grab some grub at the various food trucks, peruse light sculptures and other interactive activities, and – of course – rock out to some of the best music in the world. And it’s only going to get better from here. These last 13 years have been a nice ride, come be a part of the tradition.
Saturday, October 4th, 2014
Gates open at 5:00pm (arrive as early as 3pm)
California State University, Northridge
Ticket Sale Location
- AS Ticket Office
- Matador Bookstore
- Merchantile Exchange
- Arbor Grill
- Freudian Sip
Big Show XII
- Admittance limited to ticket-holders only.
- Maximum occupancy rules will be strictly observed.
- CSUN is a non-smoking campus
- Shirts, pants and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Festival-style seating only. Special disabled seating section is available on a first-come/first served basis.
- Participate at your own risk.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- No outside chairs or blankets permitted
- No Re-Entry /Ins & Outs (wristbands are forfeited on leaving the concert area)
- No overnight parking
- No overnight camping
- No refunds or exchanges
- No Moshing, Crowd Surfing or Stage Diving
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
- No recording devices (phones OK)
- No pets (seeing eye dogs or licensed assistance animals excepted)
- No laser pointers
- No pacifiers or dust masks
- No glass, bottles, cans, cups or coolers
- No markers, pens or spray paint
- No large chains or spiked jewelry
- No stickers, flyers, banners or posters
- No balloons, balls, inflatable balls or Frisbees
- No alcoholic beverages or containers
- No illegal substances
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia
- No eye drops, Chapstick or lip balm
- No stuffed animals or dolls (including plush backpacks)
- No open packs of cigarettes or unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- No outside food or beverage of any kind
- No weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- No professional recording equipment: photo, video or audio (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial use rigs)
- No video cameras
- No Fanny packs
- OK Cell phones
- OK ear plugs
- OK sealed/wrapped tampons
- Your ticket to Big Show 14
- Your ID (please see identification details below)
- If you are under the age of 18, bring an adult 18 or over – you will be refused admittance if you are not with an adult
- Your MATATUDE
- Money for food, beverage and merchandise vendors
Please check out the performers at Big Show 13 prior to making the decision to attend If their lyrics or performance style don’t suit you, we respect your decision not to attend. Parents, please make informed choices about bringing anyone 17 and younger to Big Show.
Everyone will be searched upon entry. You will need to empty your pockets and have all items examined. Uniformed officers will be working outside and inside the event. All narcotic and alcohol laws and university policies will be strictly enforced, and CSUN students violating those policies are subject to the disciplinary policy of the university. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
Safety and Medical
We make every effort to provide a safe environment. Campus and private security as well as university medical staff will be present throughout the event. If you or a friend need any assistance please look for the first aid tent, or seek out a Campus Police or event staff member.
Parking for Big Show 14 is on the west side of campus only. Parking is free with a current, valid CSUN parking pass properly displayed, or can be purchased for $6 per vehicle from any of the yellow kiosks in the campus parking lots. Cars parked without proper permits may be ticketed and or towed at vehicle owners expense.
Food and Beverages
A variety of LA’s hottest street trucks will be on hand selling a wide array of delectable items to choose from. The University Corporation will be on hand selling bottled water, snacks and food items as well.
There will be ATM’s available in the food and vendor area. Their locations are noted on the show map you receive when entering the event.
Merchandise booths will be available just inside the show area.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found will be located inside the event, just to the right of the main entrance in the Volunteer area.
Please note: If you attend Big Show, you are participating at your own risk.